Sunday, May 3, 2015

Can I fly again?

  I finally began building the plane after my previous planning, but have encountered a problem. As I built it with foam, a much lighter material than wood, the rudders and elevators couldn't work properly to steer the plane, and it crashed during landing. Luckily the foam or electronics weren't damaged so I can use it, but I would rather test different materials and see if they work better,

  The new model will be built with wood, a heavier material, but my engine is very powerful enough to take that weight. I'm expecting it to be up to four times the weight, so I will have to increase throttle up to 6000 RPM, or 100 revolutions per second, to counter this weight and make it flight-worthy.

  If I can successfully fly this one through a couple of tests, I will record a short flight to prove its capabilities. I might even decide to measure its speed and see how much power the engine can really deliver.

3 comments:

  1. Do you happen to have any pictures of your first model?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to hear about the new modifications that will be made after you've completed the first trial- really looking forward to how the next model will turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting topic, I would really like to learn more about this.

    ReplyDelete