Sunday, May 10, 2015

What did I learn?

  Over my research I learned many things about aerodynamics and aeronautical engineering. Although none of my planes have worked, failure shall not prevail.

  My favorite part of this research was realizing the knowledge I had gained, could be applied to others things as well. I learned how to build an engine, how a plane works, and even how to engineer and design any type of vehicle.

  My least favorite part was actually building the plane. It became so repetitive and aggravating to build something and watch it fall apart over and over again the second you pick it up. To sum it up, I hated it, but when it did work, it was a fortunate serendipity.

  The best part about researching, was finding out how things work, and how it could be applied in the real world. It was engaging and passed time easily.

  The worst part, was actually researching. Although I enjoyed the passing of time by it, it also became an annoyance when I got too much information and worried myself over nothing.

  I learned that my only true learning was through failure. Watching every plane crash and burn, quite literally, helped me see what different adjustments did to something. I realized the only way to success was through failure, and the only real learning was learning that you were wrong. It made me realize how much trouble, pain, and sacrifice aeronautical engineers went through developing the first planes generations ago. I realized the sweat and blood our race has shed to get us off the ground.

  I realized we can't fly together.

  I realized flying is for dreamers.

  I realized flying is a failure.

  I realized the pain people go through to learn.

  I realized pain.

  I realized failure is real.

1 comment: