Sunday, May 10, 2015

Did I fly?

  After my previous failure, I have finished my second model of the plane. This one is made of balsa wood to keep it lightweight and sturdy. This time I took photos and video to provide ample documentation in the process.

  As I was hooking up the batteries and finishing the wiring, I was caught off-guard and short circuited the battery, causing an explosion and injuring my hand. This was a huge roadblock, as I can't build a plane with one hand. Luckily, it has mostly healed up and I finished building the plane.

  My one problem is due to the weather, I couldn't fly it and test if it actually works. Tomorrow it's supposed to be clear so I'll be able to test it on the runway if the water has dried up. Although I have no flight videos, I do have a few photos of the finished model, so that helps. Hopefully, I'll be able to fly it tomorrow, and have a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment